Sunday, August 31, 2008

My new addiction

Today I spent the day at Prints Charming's studio learning how to screen print. It was such an enjoyable and relaxing day. I wish I had taken a photo of my fabric, but I only had my phone, so you all will have to wait until I get my fabric in the mail. The lovely Cath and Kirsten are taking the fabric to have it heat set.

So instead I will share with you some of my latest fabric purchases. From Prints Charming I had to buy their gorgeous rocket print for my rocket loving boy! I also purchased some of the coordinating stripe.
This fabric has such a beautiful feel. It's a soft brushed poplin. It reminds me of Heather Ross' Lightning Bugs range which brings me to my next fabric...

And my boy's other fave of the moment...ROBOTS! Some very cute Japanese cotton/linen with a robot print! These are definitely going to be made into shorts or pants.
Better start flicking through my Ottobre magazines to find some patterns!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Oh what gorgeous fabrics you picked Sara- Just adore those gnomes!!
Can't wait to see the end result of your screen printing!tbalys

Jetta's Nest said...

I can't wait to see what you've created Sara....and I bet you can't wait to get it back!