Sunday, September 28, 2008

Comfy Tee

I really wanted to call this post "how now brown cow", but then I thought it sounded sort of degrading. I will openly admit I have a poor body image, so I'll leave it at that.

I've made this shirt once before. It's from Ottobre Woman 02/07, pattern #4. The pattern has puffed sleeves, but I just used a regular short sleeve from that same magazine. Lisa over at Crafty Mamas was having a competition to create something made from items purchased through her shop. Since I subscribe to Ottobre through her and I bought this luscious chocolate brown cotton/spandex knit from her, I decided to make myself a shirt! A girl can always use another shirt. And another shirt that fits....not that sags off of her. Plus this fabrics is so nice and soft. It's a pleasure to wear!

2 comments:

mermaids said...

the tee looks great. that is one of my favorite ottobre tees. comfortable doesn't have to be schlumpy.

teri

Kelly Casanova said...

I've seen this one on CM, it looks so comfortable. Thats one of the great things about sewing, it doesn't matter what your body size is you can make something that fits and looks good. I'll admit I have a poor body image too, but my husband likes "voluptuous" ladies, so that helps a lot!