Thursday, November 13, 2008

Silk Flannel Blankets

I started to write this post, but then I thought that I should dye some fabric to make some baby gifts then come back and write this post. First I cut the fabric. Then I discovered that I hadn't been paying attention and I cut the wrong fabric. No worries have a plan for other fabric. Then cut the correct fabric. Then set them up to dye. So now as they are sitting, I write this 2.5 hours later.

This style of silk & flannel blanket is one of the first willow & moo items. The first one ever made was for Moo. One side of the blanket is a super soft silk. The other side is nice and cuddle flannel. They are dyed with low water immersion to give that mottled look. I purposefully use pastel colours as it's soothing for babies. These three blankets were made for a woman who had purchased two blankets from me previously. I love repeat customers.

Here's the pink/violet blanket


Here's a turquoise/violet blanket

I also made a turquoise and blue blanket, but I didn't take a picture before I gave it to my friend. I was so excited that I'd finally dyed it.

2 comments:

Jetta's Nest said...

Oh Sara, they're gorgeous. The colours and the way the dye is make them look so calming and peaceful, so perfect for little ones :)

Claire said...

Oh I want another bubba just so I can buy one of these - they look so beautiful!