Saturday, December 13, 2008

Our first screen printing

I say "our" because I asked Mollie to draw an angel. She's been drawing these cute angels recently.
Moo's drawingSo I traced her drawing a made a couple of changes. We did a couple of test prints on some poplin then printed a singlet and a t-shirt front. I also did a bit of a tricky thing I printed the wings in a different colour first. I thought the wings would look great in silver, and I thought the angel needed some stars around her. When I printed the angel, in pink of course, she wasn't always perfectly situated in the wings, but still I think it looks good. I keep reminding myself that this was a only my first go at home.

Singlet
Screenprinted singlet
T-shirt front (I still have sew up the shirt)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

It's adorable!! She must be so proud!

Claire said...

WOW Oh WOW!! This is so cute - fantastic joint effort by both you & Mollie - LOVE it!

Taiche said...

I just love it, Well done lovelies..

Ex said...

Thats absolutly lovely!

And a great idea for the little ones.

Peta said...

You are so clever Sara, they are just perfect! I'm sure Mollie will be so proud to wear her singlet and t-shirt.

monART said...

ahw this is sooooo cute!