Friday, December 12, 2008

Screen printing, lunch, late!!!

Yesterday was an adventure. Around 11am I decided that I was going to buy my screen printing gear. After ringing to ask if they had the inks I wanted, Will and I jumped in the car and off to Leichhardt we went. First stop was the screen printers. All was good except that I had assumed they would have the size screen I wanted on hand. Oops! They had sold them, but could put one together for me, but it would take a couple of hours. I looked at the clock and though yeah, I can do two hours and still have time to pick up Moo. So off Will and I went...

Next I rang my friend Andrew to see what he was doing for lunch. I figured a drive over the Newtown wasn't too far, and I hadn't seen Andrew in a while. He didn't answer so I went to buy coffee. As I was standing in the coffee shop, Andrew rang and plans were made. Will and I had lunch with Andrew. After we left the waitress asked Andrew if Will was his son!?!?! This is particularly funny because when Will was little we ask Mollie who Will looked like and she said Andrew B! It's always been a little joke with all of us. Thankfully Andrew was living in Seattle when Will was conceieved, so everyone knows it truly is a joke.

Plans were running smoothly until I decided to cut it too close. I left Newtown later than I should then had traffic getting back to Leichhardt. I also had wrongly assumed that everything would be ready and I could just pay and go, but this wasn't the case. So when I finally got into my car it was 2:40. School finishes at 3pm and was at least 45 minutes away. I started to panic and I really didn't want to ring my other half to confess that I had been out lunching and lost track of time. So instead I rang a friend that I knew Mollie would happily go home with. She totally saved me and Mollie was so excited to be going home with her friends instead of me!!! Stopped by the house on the way home and grabbed a bottle of wine as a thank you for my friend. Then we stayed over there way too long in the afternoon and got back home at 6pm.

You know I only went to buy my screen printing gear...
In the photo are the inks, screen, and squeegees. The navy fleece and calico are for covering my board that will go on the table when I do printing.

No comments: