Friday, December 26, 2008

Tote bag


Tote bag
Originally uploaded by sarabean
I made two of these bags for Will's teachers at daycare. I thought it would be nicer than chocolate. I still put some chocolate in the bags though.

I've had this fabric sitting around for ages. It was never earmarked for a specific project. It was just one of those things that I bought during a shopping trip to Ikea. I don't think they are selling this fabric anymore and now I am kicking myself for waiting so long to use it because I'd really like to make some more bags for myself.

The tote bags are a copy of the green grocery bags that are sold here to use in place of plastic bags. Of course my bag is fully lined and reversible. It is also washable which the green bags aren't. This project was influenced by quite a few Crafty Mamas whipping up bags as gifts. My friend Milly has done a great tute on making plastic coated grocery bags.

1 comment:

Sandy~Folkwood said...

Sara, that bag is gorgeous, am envious of Will's teacher :-)