Saturday, March 14, 2009

Not lost in translation

My apologies for being quiet. If I am quiet, it means I am creating. I am not very good at picking up the camera to do WIP photos. Today was a market at Moo's school, and I've been busily cutting, sewing and dyeing.

I have a stack of silk and flannel blankets.
blanket stack


And last night I stayed up until midnight making this Jule hoodie. It was the first thing I sold today. I was thrilled that it quickly found a new home.
jule hoodie

Close up of heart on the front
jule front detail

Sleeve detail
jule sleeve detail

Heart on hood
jule hood detail


I love it when an idea in my head is translated onto fabric!

8 comments:

Kaja said...

Oh! I love that heart appliqué. So clever with the thread just pulled through as an extra decoration!

Amanda said...

That is gorgeous Sara! Great that it sold straight away, what a good feeling.

naomi said...

The applique looks great Sara! I can see why this was the first one to go. I hope you do more of these!

Katie said...

gorgeous! I love the detail all the way down to the teeny tiny beads. Well done!

Inken said...

This looks absolutely lovely. Your little daughter will enjoy it a lot.
Best wishes from Germany
Regards Inken

Kelly Casanova said...

What beautiful items. I love the heart detail on the top - no wonder it sold quickly.

Jetta's Nest said...

Sara this hoodie is beautiful. I love your reverse applique idea and the embroidery and can't wait to see more of your creations in this style!

My biggest boy says he doesn't want the robot shirt (can you hear my gasp of horror) so if you're interested in that one or having one made, let me know :)

Oh and thanks for all your encouragement with my appliques too!!

Claire said...

Oh Sara you are one really talented Mama!
Absolutely gorgeous!!