Saturday, April 24, 2010

It's good to be sewing again

I was going to wait for a modeled picture, but I don't want to wait.  I feel like it's been ages since I've blogged.  We were busy with Mom here, and I really didn't have time to sew.  I did manage to find some time to demo my machine to my mom, and I think she has Bernina lust now.

I've set up in my little corner of the house. I'm still waiting for the study to be painted, so I can get some shelves for my fabric. I can't wait to have all my fabric in one place. It makes it so much easier to work when I can see what I have.

I sewed this Uljana skirt back in February.  It's made from some cute printed corduroy that I picked up from Spotlight last year.  It has a Daisy girl embroidery from Jolijou's Florierendes Frolleins embroidery set and Miss Daisy is surrounded by a few more flowers from the Glizterblumchen embroidery set.  I don't know that I needed to add more flowers to the skirt.  It's fairly hard to see them amongst the flowers on the fabric!
floral uljana


Of course we needed a matching top for the skirt. I decided to finally use my Hilde pattern.
floral hilde


Here they are together
floral uljana n hilde


Mollie loves her new 'clown' outfit. She wanted to wear it to school today. It was 29C in Sydney today! Way too hot for a cord skirt and a long sleeve top.

14 comments:

Amber said...

Oh Sarah! So great to see your work again! That is absolutely stunning!!!! XO

michal said...

I love this set, it's adorable! I admire the way you combine colors, fabric and embroidery!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous, i love the top and can see why Molly wanted to wear it.

Sarah-Jo said...

Welcome back sara we;ve missed you and your fabulous creations!

LOVE this outfit its super cool xxx

Tas said...

Glad to have you back- as a sewer and a blogger :)

Suzanne said...

Looks fantastic - love the top :-)

cherri said...

Wow Sara - that looks great!

Peta said...

A gorgeous, gorgeous outfit Sara!

Tin Can Daisy said...

Amazing!!! And I'm glad your sewing again too......I love seeing your new creations :)

naomi said...

Ooo, what a fun outfit!! I would loved to have worn that as a kid! Colours and fabrics are just perfect Sara.

Kelly Casanova said...

A stunning outfit, love all the embellishments!

Stärneschyiin said...

Oh wow!!!!

So ein schönes Outfit!!!!

Wunderschön ist es geworden und so fröhliche Farben!!!
Sieht echt toll aus!!!!

Liebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz, Nathalie

Steffi said...

Wow...very beautiful outfit ,Sara!Wonderful fabrics and colours!

Red de rOuge said...

It's so NICE!!!