Sunday, June 27, 2010

I'm it!

The lovely Michal over at Noni and Looli has tagged me.

1. Which pattern/vintage style have you been thinking about lately?
I think about making a lot of different patterns.  I really, really want to make the new Farbenmix pattern, Elodie, but I don't have it in my hands just yet.  I also really want to make a Manhattan dress from the Sewing Clothes Kids Love book.   Right now I am working on some custom orders.

2. What's the one place you want to visit that you've never been to before?
There isn't just one place.  I'd love to go to Mexico.  I've been to an unexciting bordertown, but I want to go to Mexico City.  I grew up in Texas and find it funny that I never really visited Mexico, and I took Spanish classes all through high school and even at uni.   I'd also love to visit Spain. 

3. How do you relax?
Sew something for me or the kids, read, surf the net (aka spend too much time on Crafty Mamas), watch mindless tv

4. What is your favourite holiday.
We don't really go on many holidays.  We tend to go visit my family for our 'big' holidays, but I wouldn't call those favourites.  Our holiday to Tasmania with our best friends rates pretty highly.   We had some really nice meals in excellent restaurants, but gosh we had some shocking food too (Elephant Pass Pancake Parlour)!

5. What is one sewing skill you want to learn/try out?
I would have said zipper, but I recently put a zipper in a dress, so I can't say that.  I've drafted my first pattern, but I'd like to do more!

6. Can you knit/crochet? Other crafting talents?
I can do basic knitting.  I think it's a Steiner/Waldorf parent prerequisite.  I learned to knit at Steiner playgroup.  I'm not very fast, and I don't really have the patience for it.
My other crafting talent is dyeing.  I love colouring fabric.

7. What garment/accessory do you wear the most?
Like Michal, I wear t-shirts a lot. 

8a. How much time do you spend reading blogs?
30 minutes to an hour a day.  I tend to skim through my blog reader each day.

8b. Your motto/mantra
I'm not a motto/mantra kind of girl.

Tagging other blogs...
Clo at Sew2bHappy  I like reading about Clo's life in Oman.
Carolyn at My Favourite  I'm always amazed at what Carolyn can get done with four children close in age.
Peta at One Little Stitch because she knits things for me and makes pretty things, and now she's muttering something unpublishable because I've tagged her.
Lis at Handmade-Homegrown because Lis just hasn't been posting enough photos of her gardens...along with her fabulous creations.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, that elodie is amazing -- it reminds me a lot of the mid-50s patterns I've been making up for Emily, but the bodice is a great modern update. I'll have to hope I can get hold of that one!!

Peta said...

Me swear? Never! Surely you must be thinking of someone else. ;)