Monday, June 7, 2010

Playing around

Some hand dyed fabric strips, a double cord foot purchased during the last Bernina sale, and a tutorial for making fabric bowls resulted in

fabric bowl

I found it was a bit hard to start because I couldn't get the fabric to feed, and I missed a few spots, but as I started going, it got easier and easier.  I found figuring out how to space the handles a bit difficult.  They aren't even.  The bowl isn't perfect, but it's nice to do something different.  I think I might make a trivett with the bit of piping cord that I have left.   Not sure if it will be rainbow.   The annoying thing about rainbow is that no thread matches. 

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Sara, I wondered what that foot would be used for- that looks great.

Unknown said...

I really love it and I love the fact that it is not perfect.