Sunday, October 3, 2010

Yummy textiles

new fabric
When I organised my fabrics a few weeks back, I noticed that I had a lack of European wovens.  I'm not sure why.  I think it's because I like to sew with knits a lot.  I have 6 shelves of knits (let's not talk about what is sitting around on rolls).  

To help my cause Lisa at Crafty Mamas has had a sale and so has Yvonne at Bunte Fabrics.   And the new Farbenmix fabrics have come out.  They aren't easy to find outside of Europe, but if you are in need of them, the lovely Sabine of Sweet Caroline ships internationally.

I know a lot of people look at the price and think they are a bit expensive, but you have to remember that these fabrics are all 150cm (59") wide.  I was dreading the ironing after washing them too, but the other reason that I love these fabrics is that they are poplins.  They don't wrinkle as much as quilting cottons, and they iron up like a dream.   And yes, I did sneak one knit into the purchases.  It's the Helga Eule (owl) jersey.  I had to have it because it will work for Will or Mollie.

And have you seen the AU/US exchange rate?  The AU dollar is worth over 97cents today!   Oh that reminds me I didn't share my new twine.  Another purchase from over the pond.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

you got the Fleur Kamiel, I wasnt fast enough!

They are just stunning!

Unknown said...

Yummy Yummy Yummy, and wowzer to the exchange rate!

Karen said...

Yum!!
Thanks for the info on the fabrics Sara - I've been on holiday - the dollar is making it all so tempting....

Lola Nova said...

Ooh, what gorgeous fabrics! I see some lovely Foxes from Nic too! I should look away, I feel a yearning coming on.